A business object is a Class that is unique to a business entity. For
example lets say we have a billing system then we could write an Invoice
business object (class), crude example below.

Invoice
	----Date
	----Account
	----Total
	----DeliveryNote
	----PickSlipReference

An invoice will contain orders so we write an order business object (class)

Order

	-----Date
	-----ProductCode
	-----Quantity
	-----ProductName
	-----UnitPrice

Now we could adapt our Invoice class to contain an Orders attribute which is
an array of Order business objects.

An interesting thing that may help you is to read up on the principle of
design by contract, Eiffel (www.eiffel.com) have some OO literature specific
to this. To summarise design by contract states that each business object
should be able to create contracts with each other just like the real
business world, for example Invoice has a business contract with Order. Ther
eis more to it but I wont babble ...

Hope this helps ...

Graeme Matthew
Analyst Programmer
Mercer Investment Consulting
Level 29, 101 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3001, Australia
Tel  - 61 3 9245 5352 Fax - 61 3 9245 5330
visit http://www.merceric.com