--aRqEFQt'LFjTl

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 01:21:39 +0900
matz / ruby-lang.org (Yukihiro Matsumoto) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: private variables"
>     on 02/09/17, "Christoph" <chr_news / gmx.net> writes:
>
> |> I will.  Somewhere around "@_x" and "@__x".  I don't care about the
> |> balancing.  Those who care may put extra "__" after varriable names.
> |
> |or being my repetitive self
> |
> |      _@x
>
> This will not break anything, but too ugly.
> # you don't have to tell me "@" alone is ugly. ;-)

Are we dead set against "attr_private" ?

   class Foo
	attr_private :bar
   end

?

I may have missed the part in the conversation where "@__foo" was decided
to be more desirable...this has been a long thread :->

| Jim Hranicky, Senior SysAdmin                   UF/CISE Department |
| E314D CSE Building                            Phone (352) 392-1499 |
| jfh / cise.ufl.edu                      http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jfh |

"Given a choice between a complex, difficult-to-understand, disconcerting
 explanation and a simplistic, comforting one, many prefer simplistic
 comfort if it's remotely plausible, especially if it involves blaming
 someone else for their problems."
                                                -- Bob Lewis, _Infoworld_

--aRqEFQt'LFjTl

--aRqEFQt'LFjTl--