In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0209151713170.24170-100000 / candle.superlink.net>,
 <dblack / candle.superlink.net> wrote:
>Hi --
>
>Registration for Ruby Conference 2002 will be open until September 30.
>That's only two weeks away, so please register quickly.  It's really
>happening, and soon!
>
>Registration and conference info is at <http://www.rubyconf.com>.

In case anyone is on a budget and/or you're paying your own way (as I'm
doing) then you might want to check out The Moore Hotel
(http://moorehotel.com).  The Moore Hotel is six blocks from the
convention center and it offers the lowest rates of any downtown hotel
that I've checked.  I stayed there last year while attending a film
festival - The accomodations are definately no-frills but comfortable.
You can get single occupancy rooms for $59 / night or if you go with their
European style rooms I think it's $39/night (bathroom down the hall).

It's also only four blocks from the Pike's Street Market and about the
same distance to the Art Museum.

(Be warned, if you bring a car you'll have to pay $10/day to keep it in a
garage across the street.  )

So if the price of accomodations has kept you from signing up for the
conference I'd recommend that you check it out.

Phil