"Jim > I tend to use the following license on most stuff that I write ...

>     # Copyright 2002 by Jim Weirich (jweirich / one.net).
>     # All rights reserved.
>
>     # Permission is granted for use, copying, modification, distribution,
>     # and distribution of modified versions of this work as long as the
>     # above copyright notice is included.

It is not clear whether "above copyright notice is included" means that you
want your name in the source or that you mean that derived work should also
permit redistribution in similar terms to the original.
This ambiguity is frequently found in such licences.

Mikkel