Hi,

In message "Re: Disabling exceptions - thoughts?"
    on 02/09/14, Sean Chittenden <sean / ruby-lang.org> writes:

|> Not in the current implementation.  Besides we should define first
|> what is going to happen on exceptional situation when exception is
|> turned off.
|
|You mean if the exception isn't being ignored?  It should be raised as
|a normal exception would and left to the current stack.

No.  I meant if an exception was ignored, the procedure keeps going
without satisfying assumption.  For example,

|  Dir.mkdir('/usr')
|  Dir.mkdir('/usr/ports')
|  Dir.mkdir('/usr/ports/databases')
|  Dir.mkdir('/usr/ports/databases/postgresql-devel')

If you failed to mkdir('/usr') for any reason, successive mkdirs might
be meaningless.   Maybe I have to check out Common Lisp error system.

							matz.