Hi --

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, William Djaja Tjokroaminata wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think you are right that "%X" sometimes is already special in Ruby (such
> as %q, %Q, %w, %r, and %x).  However, the use of "#" is really scary,
> because it will make most, if not all, comments break down.

Oh, I know -- I wouldn't really advocate it.  Actually I'm keeping my
fingers crossed that Ruby never gets any more punctuation prefixes on
variable names at all.

> Hmmm, time to search other Perl symbols... how about "\", anyone?  Has
> this symbol been used in Ruby?

Well, they don't have to be "Perl symbols" specifically... but I hope
the point will turn out to be moot anyway :-)

David

--
David Alan Black                      | Register for RubyConf 2002!
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net     | November 1-3