On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> I don't think its quite understood *what* RFC 225 is proposing.  any()
> and all() aren't just some sort of glorified grep() operators.  Its
> quantum superpositions!

Aha! The case gets _more_ interesting. I (and everyone else) was mislead
by the RFC which in fact doesn't state anything more interesting than a
glorified grep.

(Rule one of web writing, never put all the interesting stuff on the far
side of a link. Most readers will read whats on the page, and if it isn't
clear the really good stuff is down that link, they are not going to
follow it.)

Hmm, I might try my hand at reimplementing Conway's stuff in Ruby. Might
be an interesting exercise.

John Carter

Work Email : john / netsys.co.za Private email : cyent / mweb.co.za
Yell Phone : 083-543-6915      Phone         : 27-12-348-4246

Carter's Compass...

   I know I'm on the right track when by deleting code I'm adding
   functionality.