At Thu, 12 Sep 2002 02:36:37 +0900,
Alan Chen wrote:
> When an apt client requests a package file from the proxy, the client
> receives no feedback until the proxy has completely downloaded the
> file from the backend repository. I'd like to start sending the file
> to the client while the backend download is ongoing. I'm hoping this
> would also have the side benefit of not having to load the entire
> package file into interpreter memory.

A difficulty come from Net::HTTP#get, which is used by WEBrick::HTTPProxy
internally.  HTTP#get{} doesn't tell http response header to its given
block. So WEBrick can't return the header to user agent until HTTP#get
returns.

I'm planing to modify WEBrick#HTTPProxy to use WEBrick's own
HTTPClient instead of Net::HTTP to solve this problem.  But anything
about its detail have not decided still now.  If you have any idea on
design of HTTPClient, please discuss at webricken list.
http://www.notwork.org/ipr/webrick/#ml

Thanks,

-- Gotoken