On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 05:58:29AM +0900, Christoph wrote:
> We also could use your ``secret'' method frame work
> (it simulates private methods of C++ right?) and only implement
> ``private_attributes'' or "secret_attribute"?   Here is a half baked
> Ruby implementation (without your secret_method stuff).

I'm not sure there's much value in secret attributes/accessors.  I can
see why you'd want it (if you need to call a method every time you
update a private instance varaible), but every method in the class still
has access to both the accessor and the private instance variable, I
can't help but feeling that there is a better solution.

Paul