Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:4987] Ruby Book Ch 2 English -- arguments/parameters/options?"
    on 00/09/18, Jon Babcock <jon / kanji.com> writes:

|But in the Ruby Book translation of Ch2., 引数 (J. insuu) is nearly
|always rendered as 'parameter/s'.

I read 引数 as (hiki-suu), but either OK in Japanese.

IIRC, original chapter 2 uses the word `parameters' 4 times, always in
conjunction with blocks.  I call something between bars (||) as `block
parameters'.

Everything else should be arguments, I think.  Almost all of these are
actual arguments.  For formal arguments, the word 仮引数
(J. kari-hikisuu) is used.

|io.print(...)          引数を順に出力
|
|Should the explanation read, "Output the parameters sequentially." or
|"Output the arguments sequentially."  Or does it matter?

It doesn't matter.  But I prefer the word arguments.

							matz.