On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 01:07:00AM +0900, Firestone, Mark - Technical Support wrote:
> Ah, but I want to connect this to the Ruby BBS program that I wrote, so that
> users on the other end of a telnet connection can use it to edit their
> messages...
>
> No idea how to even think about going about that...

If the main requirement is exchanging text over telnet, then shouldn't
you be looking for an editor that will interact with telnet? Many
common editors (including, certainly, the Emacs and VI families) can be
used in that way.

If you really think the editor needs to be *written in Ruby*, perhaps
you should explain your thinking in a bit more detail.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA