Once again, I must impose on your good graces.

I thought that 'parameters' were what you defined for a function and
'arguments' were what you passed to a function.

But in the Ruby Book translation of Ch2., 引数 (J. insuu) is nearly
always rendered as 'parameter/s'.

When it refers to 'command line 引数 (J. insuu)', I assume 'arguments'
is the best choice.

But in some cases I'm not sure. E.g., Table 2-12, io.print(...):

io.print(...)          引数を順に出力

Should the explanation read, "Output the parameters sequentially." or
"Output the arguments sequentially."  Or does it matter?

There are dozens of such cases in Ch. 2 of course.

For 引数 (J. insuu), like 括弧 (J. kakko), on the J. side there would
seem to be no need to make these distinctions. Or, 厳密には (gemmitsu
ni wa) to put it more precisely, the necessary distinctions in meaning
arise naturally from context alone.

Thanks again.

Jon

--