William Djaja Tjokroaminata wrote:

> Now, what if someone retains the C core of "Ruby", but modifies the
> interface (syntax) by modifying the parser and interpreter, and, say,
> calls it PRuby or SRuby?  I ask the Ruby experts and the people with Ruby
> authority, is it even ethical to do so?

In one way, these changes are done all the time, when people are
experimenting with new features for Ruby.
The Python people have had a modified version called StacklessPython
developed in paralell with Python for a long time.

There is very rarely a reason for anyone to go though the trouble of
maintaining a forked version. It's much easier to just build something
on top of the standard Ruby.

/Anders

--

A n d e r s  B e n g t s s o n  |  ndrsbngtssn / yahoo.se
Stockholm, Sweden               |

Gratis e-mail resten av livet pwww.yahoo.se/mail
Busenkelt!