Hi --

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, William Djaja Tjokroaminata wrote:

> Now, what if someone retains the C core of "Ruby", but modifies the
> interface (syntax) by modifying the parser and interpreter, and, say,
> calls it PRuby or SRuby?  I ask the Ruby experts and the people with Ruby
> authority, is it even ethical to do so?

I brought up a similar question in [ruby-talk:45694] -- namely, what
exactly is an "implementation" of "Ruby".  I don't have time right now
to re-read the thread (which also dealt with other things), but I
think there are some things in there you'd find relevant to your
questions.

David

--
David Alan Black                      | Register for RubyConf 2002!
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net     | November 1-3