On Wed, 11 Sep 2002,  JamesBritt wrote:

> > RubyInline 1.0.4 has been released!
> >
> > Ruby Inline is my quick attempt to create an analog to Perl's
> > Inline::C. The ruby version isn't near as feature-full as the perl
> > version, but it is neat!
>
> Um, what does Perl's Inline::C do?

the Inline:: modules for Perl, Python, and Ruby allow you to include
non-native code inside a script.  here's an example of Perl's Inline::Ruby

   use Inline Ruby;

   $obj = Iterator->new(1, "2", [3, 4], {5 => 6});
   $obj->iter(\&my_iter)->each;

   sub iter {
       use Data::Dumper;
       print Dumper \@_;
   }

   __END__
   __Ruby__

   class Iterator
     def initialize(*elements)
       @elements = elements
     end
     def each
       for i in @elements
         yield i

maybe someone would like to post a code sample of Inline::C from ruby?

-pate