....which is...?  Probably minimalism ala Python will contribute to ease of
maintainance? :)

(I think in fact "ease of maintanance" was really promoted in the special
issue of Linux Journal on Python as one of the strength of Python.  At
least as an engineer, at that time "ease of maintanance" was much more
attractive to me than the "object-oriented" advertisement.)

Regards,

Bill