I think I understand and I can accept everything that you wrote.

Let me try to pose the question differently.  Suppose there is a new
language, and in concepts it is identical to Ruby.  The only difference is
syntax (and hence the parser/interpreter), where minimalist keywords and
probably the identation syntax are adopted.  Will the Ruby community like it?
(Probably no?)  Will the Python community like it?  (Probably maybe?)  Will
people who never code in Python nor Ruby like it?  (Maybe? Likely?)

Regards,

Bill