On 2002.09.09, Philip Mateescu <pmateescu / novosadhayes.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for an equivalent to pascal's old keypressed.
> I'm trying to execute a block till the user presses a key, something like :
>
> while (!keypressed)
> 	print "."
> end
>
> Is there any such functionality ?

If we implemented a cross-platform "keypressed", might there be
any chance of it getting into the builtin library?

A frequent beginner C/C++ FAQ is the one above.  It seems like a
high-level language such as ruby should be able to give a good
solution to it, rather than a lengthy answer involving Win32 API
or Termios witchery.

 - Ryan King