Hi --

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, William Djaja Tjokroaminata wrote:

> Agreed.  Until now, I still mistakenly use the "." operator from time to
> time in Ruby, just because of the previous Perl experience, which was
> very natural.

But then what would Ruby use for method calls on strings?  Honestly, I
don't think this can be cited as an example of an incorrect choice in
Ruby.

On the Perl topic: I knew I was definitely hooked on Ruby when I had
occasion to write a Perl script and (a) left out semi-colons; (b)
wrote calls to "puts"; (c) found myself writing things like:
@array.map ... :-)

David

--
David Alan Black                      | Register for RubyConf 2002!
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net     | November 1-3