----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Fabris" <jayaywhy.fabris / rogerz.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 7:32 PM
Subject: I thought this was funny...

> Looking for a Canadian hosting co. that would support Ruby.
>
> I found one, barely. Check out the response from them...
>
> <quote>
> We have determined there won't be any problem in installing mod_ruby and
> eruby. It will take some time though (1-2 days). Please be aware that we
> probably won't go ahead and install this unless you sign up, as this is a
> fairly outdated language. Most programmers are now using Python as its
> replacement.
> </quote>
>
> What do you make of this???

Weird!

Maybe there's some confusion with other languages
named Ruby, of which I think there have been at
least two. (The _Wired_ article also succumbed to
this problem.)

I would guess that they got the info about eruby
and mod_ruby from one source, and the info about
Ruby being outdated from some other one.

In any case, I hope you'll correct their
misperception...

Hal