At 9:35 PM +0900 5/16/02, ts wrote:
>  >>>>> "B" == Bob Hutchison <hutch / xampl.com> writes:
>
>B> I have tried installing Test::Unit and have had no success. The output is
>B> below. The problem appears to be 'stack level too deep'. (I'm using Ruby
>B> 1.7.2 on Mac OS X if that matters)
>
>  Verify the value of stacksize with `ulimit -a'
>
>Guy Decoux

I just encountered this problem trying to install Test::Unit using
Ruby 1.6.7 on MacOS X 10.2. OS X does not seem to have a ulimit
command.

I found info on increasing the stack size on the tcsh man page. One
must log in as root -- an administrative account won't get the job
done. This resolved the problem:

root# limit stacksize
stacksize       512 kbytes
root# limit stacksize 1024
root# ruby setup.rb install

I still don't know how to change the default stack size in a way that
would affect apache and mod_ruby.

--
Adam Wildavsky  Extreme Programmer  Tameware, LLC
adam / tameware.com         http://www.tameware.com