,

Thank you Sugihara-san, for the corrections.  I will redo as you
suggested.

One point:

 | %q{Hello World}		# an alternative to '...'
 | 				# (ends at the matching })
   				                       ~~~
   			# (ends at the matching parenthesis, this case })

Actually, the JE translator originally had the word 'parenthesis'
here, translating the Japanese kakko  .  Japanese kakko
includes both ( ) and { } and maybe [ ], doesn't it?  But I have the
feeling that in English the use of 'parenthesis' or 'parentheses' is
usually limited to only the ( and ). If this is true, } cannot be 'a
case of' parenthesis. So I deleted the word 'parenthesis' from the
translation and inserted }.

Or, perhaps I am wrong and English 'parenthesis' *can* include curly
braces { } and square brackets [ ] and well as ( and ).

Is any other kind of kakko , besides { }, used in this syntax in
Ruby?

Thanks again.

Jon

--