Hello,

This is a summary of ruby-dev ML in these days.

---- ruby-dev #18111-18212 (2002-08-31 ... 2002-09-6) ----

[ruby-dev:18185] autoload patch for ruby-1.7

  Yoshinori K. Okuji first posted a patch which enables the autoload facility
  to work with non-toplevel constants.  Nobuyoshi Nakada posted a patch which
  realize simpler implementation than Okuji's one. Matz wrote "Now how should
  we carry it out?".

[ruby-dev:18114] Object#become

  Koji Arai asked what is a difference between "replace" and "become" of String,
  Array and Hash. Matz answered that there is semantically no difference between
  them at present. But it is not decided how they come to be.

[ruby-dev:18186] [req] Marshal

  We can't marshal an object which has singleton methods. This leads a conclusion
  that we can't marshal an object extending a module, so this constraint seems
  not to be reasonable.
  Keiju Ishitsuka requested if we can get rid of the constraint. Matz took it as
  an actual idea, and worth considering.

[ruby-dev:18197] VALUEs in yacc stack

  Minero Aoki made the GC to work at parsing time, if yacc uses alloca() for
  allocating its semantic stack.
--
Takaaki Tateishi <ttate / kt.jaist.ac.jp>