Hi,

In message "Re: JRuby (was Re: OS-independent build of ruby)"
    on 02/09/09, Dave Thomas <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> writes:

|>  Permission is granted for use, copying, modification, distribution,
|>  and distribution of modified versions of this work as long as the
|>  above copyright notice is included.
|>
|> Rite will be released under this license.
|
|Matz:
|
|Are you going to allow modified versions to be called 'Ruby'?

That's one thing which is prohibited by the current license.  When I
made up the current license, I felt it was a must.  But I now think no
one would choose to use the name Ruby for a modified version, unless
the one is irrational or has intention to cause confusion.  License
has no power for both cases.  Interestingly, this is not prohibited by
GPL either.

I even suspect no one wants to make modified version ever.

							matz.