On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 03:52:05AM +0900, Patrick May wrote:
> What if there was an option to upload a package *to* RAA, instead of
> using rpkg to download from RAA?  For example:
>
> [~]# rpkg --upload-raa narf.package
> Extracting information from package...
>   Project Name: Narf
>       Version: alpha
[...]
> Would it be difficult to add this meta data to rpkg?  I'm sure much of
> it is there in some form or another.

Should be pretty easy.

> Since RAA (or Google, but that's a different story) is the main
> destination for one browsing for packages, I think it is important for
> a package system to make it easy to update that information.  This
> kind of feature could make it easier to 'ease' into a different
> packaging system.

Another choice could be to have a `news feed' from the rpkg repository
that notifies the RAA of package additions and gives it the necessary
link, owner, description, ... information.  That way the rpkg tool
wouldn't bloat and the uploader wouldn't have to remember to update
two repositories.

Massimiliano