It seems that we both view Python's code consistency and language
simplicity with much favor.  I guess that the only difference is that
"those other parts" have made me switch to Ruby.

Regarding the simplicity (minimalism), I think some people have
responded.  Matz has given the reason why he did not adopt the
indentation-based syntax.  I cannot recall Matz reasons on why he
personally did not try to adhere to the minimalism principle (such as
providing both "if" and "unless", "!" and "not", aliases, etc.)  I think
the attractiveness of the C language stems from the fact that it is a
minimalist language, but yet so powerful.

Regards,

Bill