On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 01:41:37AM +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:
> "Gavin Sinclair" <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> writes:
>
> >  - we already have doc formats in Ruby; let's evolve them and
> >    "almost port" POD if necessary (I don't even know what in
> >    particular is so great about it).
>
> I for one would be very interested in this. What would we want to add
> to rdoc format to make it more generally useful.
>
> Tables of contents and indices spring to mind. There are also some
> great ideas on the Feature Request list on SourceForge.
>
> I'd be very happy to open up RDoc development to get it moving forward
> if folks were interested.

From my perspective, I think that rdoc fits the bill nicely.
Some features I can think of are:

  1) output to single page html
  2) output to man page
  3) output to ri format

BTW, Dave, my requests for a mailing list have gone
unheeded. What are your thoughts on a ruby-doc mailing
list for all this traffic? Can you facilitate the creation
of such a list?

--
Jim Freeze