Paul Prescod wrote:

> Stroustrop says: "The protection of private data relies on
> restriction of the use of the class member names. It can therefore be
> circumvented by addressing manipulation and explicit type conversion.
> But this, of course, is cheating. C++ protects against accident rather
> than deliberate circumvention (fraud)."

What I really dislike in Ruby, that the data members are seen
by the child classes. This is a very serious issue, and a claer
violation of object-orientation.

I think Ruby would be a much better language if the instance
variables would only live per class and not per hierarchy...

(It seems that Pyhton is even werse in this regard...)

Best Regards,
Christian