"Kyle Wilson" <kyle.wilson / amd.com> wrote in message news:<3D763115.2070601 / amd.com>...
> Does anyone know where I can find some documentation or code examples
> for Iowa besides on the http://beta4.com/iowa/ website.  The tutorial on
> the Iowa website isn't complete yet, and I was hoping to find some
> examples of how sessions work, and how to move between pages.  A
> complete API reference would be nice too.

The only other documentation I know of is in the book published by
Michael Neumann and co. (Ruby Developer's Guide, was it?).  However,
to answer your immediate questions:

- the session object can be accessed from any component as @session.
If you create a subclass of Iowa::Session it will be used instead of
the standard session class.  There's an example of this in the
guestbook example, which uses a session subclass to track the number
of hits.

- To create a new page, use the pageNamed method, passing it the name
of a component class.  This will return a new instance of that class,
which you can configure as you want; then yield it to have it be the
viewGuest of Main.html.

Cheers,
Avi