----- Original Message -----
From: " JamesBritt" <james / jamesbritt.com>

The reasons for using POD are good, but here are the cons:
 - relying on Perl installation is not good (as above)
 - porting to Ruby is questionable - need to keep up-to-date
 - we already have doc formats in Ruby; let's evolve them and
   "almost port" POD if necessary (I don't even know what in
   particular is so great about it).

I think it's time we started a new thread; even better, a new ML!

Gavin