On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 10:27:34PM +0900, Patrick May wrote:
> Joseph McDonald <joe / vpop.net> wrote in message news:<155365737642.20020904165944 / vpop.net>...
> > FH> So now I'm looking around for ways to speed things up. Using modruby
> > FH> is probably an option, but I'm unsure as to whether that'll do what I
> >
> > Take a look at fastcgi: http://www.fastcgi.com/

Does anyone know how much FastCGI actually boosts performance?

I'm working on an Apache-based application, and started out using
FastCGI. But I switched to mod_ruby because:

  * my code becomes simpler
  * installation and configuration are easier
  * my application needs to control the HTTP response codes; and
  * developers are starting to switch to Apache 2.0; mod_ruby is
    available for Apache 2.0 now, but FastCGI isn't

Nonetheless, I'd be interested in learning more about the performance
difference.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA