ESR really norished the hacker's dictionary http://tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/
based on the lisp and unix communities and it has been good for our
industry. We should be conscious the ruby community's own potential to
capture new concepts as they are forged in our discussions.

I nominate a new word for us to contribute the slang file.

Stibbsian, adjective, describes an exceptionally provocative comment
resembling a troll that generates useful discussions and actual change. It
is essential to stibbsianism that the comment have real depth.

We have been launched on a culture of good documentation which rises to the
standard set by Matz and the Pragmatic Programmers.

My first thoughts during the thread was that this community is able to
metabolize a disruptive comment and make use of it. Later contributions by
Stibbs himself made me realize this guy is not rattling cages. He has
provided a thoughtful contribution.

John

http://mail2web.com/ .