On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 09:52:25PM +0900, Berger, Daniel wrote:
> I've been following the documentation discussion with some interest.  Some
> of this has focused on rd2.
>
> At the risk of being branded a heretic by the Ruby Community, I believe
> there's an alternative that we haven't considered.
>
> POD. <ducking vegetables>

I personally am not opposed to looking at POD, and I 'personally' don't have
any problems with it being written in Perl,  because I use unix and
perl is part of the install. But I don't think a solution should require
users (read windows) to install additional 3rd party software - like Perl.

With that said, it may be reasonable to look at porting the pod tools
to ruby...Just a thought.

--
Jim Freeze