> Therefore, if I may be so bold, I would like to
> volunteer to head the documentation standardization
> probject for Ruby.

You truly are a brave man :-) !!  Good luck to you, I say.

May I make one humble suggestion before this all takes off?

It would be wonderful if there was a mechanism for "patching" the database
used by one of the tools like ri (or an overall documentation tree generated
via Rdoc) to add new items as they are written.

Would people agree that being able to, say, run a Ruby script on your local
machine and have it pop off to the documentation server, pull down and
install all the documentation updates once a day (week, whatever) would be
excellent?

Just a thought.

Harry O.