On 4 Sep 2002 18:22:04 -0700, patrick-may / monmouth.com (Patrick May)
wrote:

>correctly in mod_ruby.  Still, I am concerned about the other issues:
>
>* does the extra Content-Type header matter?
>* does the order of the headers matter?
>* does the fact that status is "302" instead of "302 Moving" matter?

These all depend on the browser, and you know how diverse those are!
I think the main thing to consider is that CGI.pm does it in a certain
way and that (I've found) always works, so the safest thing is going
to be to copy the CGI.pm behaviour exactly.  I've tried changing some
of this stuff before and I've run into problems more often than not.
I think the content-type header breaks the redirection in internet
explorer but I'm not 100% sure.

>* does the cookie for the session matter?

In my experience, this shouldn't matter, but the above stuff still
applies.

--
tom / alkali.spamfree.org
remove 'spamfree.' to respond