Yasushi Shoji <yashi / yashi.com> writes:

> ps. Dave, are you tring to create anonymous method so that you can use
> it in hooked method *and* it can't be messed by whomever sub-classes it?

What I'm hoping to produce is a standard way to hook Ruby methods
without the problems inherent in just using alias. The way I'm
currently playing with seems to work well with subclasses, and avoids
the loops that can result from using alias.

If I can get this basic functionality working, I hope to extend it to
be something more like the CL advice system.

It's also fun to see if it can be done purely in Ruby code.

Regards

Dave