Hi everybody:

I've written a large e-commerce system in Ruby, and it works fine but
it's slow. After poking around the code a bit, I think that the big
bottleneck comes from loading all the required files. The system is
extremely OO -- more than 100 separate classes -- and there're a lot
of classes that need to be loaded in with "require" statements before
a single line is executed.

So now I'm looking around for ways to speed things up. Using modruby
is probably an option, but I'm unsure as to whether that'll do what I
need ... I know it keeps the Ruby interpreter in memory, but I really
need something that might keep loaded classes in memory. Does modruby
do that, or is that too much to ask? And failing that, what do people
think would be the next best option for me to pursue?

Thanks in advance,

Francis