Well, I'm a Ruby Newbie, so this question should be interesting.
I somehow talked my professor at school to let me use Ruby instead of C++
for the algorithm class. Frankly, I find using Ruby much easier than C (and
it's children). It just makes sense to me.
In a short amount of time, however, I will have a problem. Pointers will
very quickly become an integral part of our course study. To continue, I
would need to do some meaningful pointer work in Ruby. Does anyone know of
libraries to do such things, or are there other ways? If you could give some
assistance, I'd be greatly appreciated :)
I'd like to stick with Ruby, but if the answer is no I'll make do.

Thanks in advance!

Adam Baxter; AKA Peach