I am really amazed if Ruby is really compared against Java, especially in
the corporate world.  I feel it is just not a level playing field.  Ruby
is an open source product, while Java has all the muscles of Sun (not
counting other companies such as IBM) to support it.

Has there been a real case of Ruby replacing Java in an official corporate
project (not an individual/team effort)?  Does the Ruby community really
feel that Ruby may someday compete against Java?

Regards,

Bill