Hi,

Dave Thomas wrote:

> "Hal E. Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> writes:
>
> > 1. I do think that cygwin1.dll should be packaged with the Ruby
> > installation. It was a significant pain for me to find it on the web.
> > In the end, I had to use the site's search engine, because I
> > couldn't find it by navigating.
> >
> > 2. However, I think there are licensing issues -- if I remember
> > right, the source has to be included along with the DLL. A nuisance
> > from our perspective, and increasing the code bloat.

<Lots of snipping, including extended license quote.>

> I think that this means that we can distribute the .dll via download
> and say that the source is also available for download from the same
> place. In a way that's good - we keep the source to the .dll in step
> with the .dll itself.
>
> I'm not a lawyer -- anyone else care to comment?

I don't think anyone has a problem with you not being a lawyer. :-)

I think you are on the right track. However, it seems to me that the
simplest way to definitely resolve this issue is one or more (cc:-style)
e-mails to various Cygnus/Redhat contacts.

--
Conrad Schneiker