At 2:46 AM +0900 9/3/02, Hal E. Fulton wrote:
> [...]

D'oh! I misread that. I've seen so many "C is really X assembly
language" comments through the years I've gotten too quick on the
draw. Sorry, Chris.

>  > C's generally considered a PDP-11 assembly, but K&R have denied that.
>
>I still feel that there were influences there. I've used
>PDP-11 assembly, and actually liked it. :) Do they
>totally deny any influences?

Depends on when you ask, I think. :)

>  > --------------------------------------"it's like this"-------------------
>>  Dan Sugalski                          even samurai
>>  dan / sidhe.org                         have teddy bears and even
>>                                         teddy bears get drunk
>
>I've always wondered what this tag means and/or where it
>originates. Care to elaborate? On- or offline.

That? Found it, as a quatrain, in an old BSD fortune file, and I
abused it into haiku form, more or less. (Yeah, I know it doesn't
completely conform--feel free to insert appropriate "ignorant gaijin"
comments here :) I presume it came originally from the fevered and
caffeine addled brain of a CS undergrad somewhere.
--
                                         Dan