I know there's GUI mailing lists - but I'm asking Tom and leaving it open to
others....

You mentioned that you weren't satisfied with the GUI...

"...while the primary logic was easy enough to create and is mostly complete
(and ruby made it fun!), putting a front-end gui on it has proven laborous
and imperfect..."

 what would you want that you don't have? Surely an Accounting program
doesn't require 3d... : )

I'm working on a very different kind of GUI for Ruby, so I'm interested -
what would I need to do to make it continue being fun - and not laborious or
imperfect?

Is it the language used to communicate with the GUI?

Is it restrictions placed on you by the GUI?

Is it the number of lines needed to perform what should be simple
GUI-centric things?

-Rich