"Hal E. Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> writes:

> 5. Finally, I'm not bashing Windows -- not today, anyway -- but let's provide
> a similar level of functionality for Linux and others.

True, but the Linux-based install is trivial compared to
Windows--at least from a source distribution. I'd really like to focus
on the Windows users in the short term--I think that has the biggest
potential upside for Ruby.

Longer term, we could discuss some innovative ways of distributing
Ruby across all platforms (I had some ideas here, but they were
_brutally_ rejected a while back. Brutally ;-)

Dave