> I'll conclude with one (new) feature from Python that makes me green with
> envy: list comprehensions.  For those who don't know what that means,
> here's an example:
>
>  Ruby:  squares_less_than_10 = numbers.find_all{|i| i<10}.map{|i| i^2}
>
>  Python: squares_less_than_10 = [x^2 for x in numbers if x < 10]
>
> Don't get me wrong, I love Ruby's powerful array-manipulation capabilities.
> But list comprehensions are soooo cooool!
>
> Cheers,
> Gavin

I like list comprehensions (they're somewhat Haskell-ish), but, as many of my
pythonesque friends have stated, "they're not very true to python's syntax."
And, in this form, perhaps a little ugly.

Basically, I don't think this is a shoe that matches what Python is wearing.

--
Bruce Williams		http://www.codedbliss.com
iusris/#ruby-lang		bruce / codedbliss.com