My two reasons for disliking Python's aesthetics:

- indentation-as-syntax

  At first I thought it was a nice idea, but I actually find
  it difficult to read.  A class definition, especially,
  should have an explicit end.  Most importantly, though,
  it's not advanced-editor friendly.

- explicit "self" parameter to methods

  I absolutely detest this.  I *had* to stop reading my
  Python book when I discovered this.  I picked it up again
  recently to find out if the nightmare was actually true.
  It was.

My (main) reason for liking Ruby's aesthetics:

- it's terse

Seeya!

Gavin