----- Original Message -----
From: "stibbs" <stibbs / nothanks.foo.web-hosting.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: suggestions to the Ruby community

> > So again, could you give us some _specific_ examples of actual
>
> I feel that in my original post i was specific as i could be.

OK, I'm not flaming you. I'm just trying to communicate.

Phil's request is reasonable. And you have *not* been as
specific as you could be, because you have not named
even ONE item that needs improved documentation.

> If people
> here feel that the the overall online english ruby documentation does not
> need improvement, great.

No one said that! There's a huge need for improvement. But
there's also a huge amount out there.

OK, I myself will be specific.

Here are (some) things that I think ARE documented
adequately in English:

1. Core classes: Array, Bignum, Binding, Class, Continuation,
Dri, Exception, FalseClass, File, File::Stat, Fixnum, Float,
Hash, Integer, IO, MatchData, Method, Module, NilClass,
Numeric, Object, Proc, Range, Regexp, String, Struct,
Struct::TMS, Symbol, Thread, ThreadGroup, Time, TrueClass

2. Core modules: Comparable, Enumerable, Errno, FileTest,
GC, Kernel, Marshal, Math, ObjectSpace, Process

3. Standard libraries: Complex, Date, English, Find, Ftools,
Getoptlong, Mkmf, Parsedate, PStore, Tempfile, Mutex,
ConditionVariable, Timeout, WeakRef

4. OOP libraries: Visitor, Delegation, Observer

5. Networking Libraries: BasicSocket, IPSocket, TCPSocket,
SOCKSSocket, TCPServer, UDPSocket, UNIXSocket, UNIXServer,
Socket, Net::FTP, Net::HTTP, Net::HTTPResponse, Net::POP,
Net::APOP, Net::POPMail, Net::SMTP, Net::Telnet, CGI,
CGI::Session

6. Other stuff: RDOC, REXML, DRb, eRuby, irb, debug.rb,
and so on.

Which of these do you consider underdocumented? Or is it
something else entirely?

Hal