Thanks a lot.  It works!  When I checked the methods of class Proc in the
"Programming Ruby" book, they cover only "new", "[]", "arity", and
"call".  Probably this use of "&" to convert back is described in the "The
Ruby Language" section.

Logically, does this "&" operator belong to the Proc class, the Object
class, or the Kernel module?

Regards,

Bill