Lyle Johnson graced us by uttering:
> That is to say, what is it that is changing between the
> currently-available Perl 5.x and Perl 6 that will suddenly
> nullify the things that have drawn large numbers of "converts"
> from the Perl and Python camps?

Between the paragraphs at the bottom of this page and the links
made available there, there should be a good base of information
on Perl6 and how it differs from its predecessor.

    http://dev.perl.org/perl6/architecture

Perl6 looks like a totally different animal, but still with that
distinctive Camel aroma.

I don't have any intention of switching from Ruby, but having
come from Perl, I admit I'm quite interested in where this is
going.

Tim Hammerquist
--
How do I type "for i in *.dvi do xdvi i done" in a GUI?
    -- discussion in comp.os.linux.misc