Hi,

In [ruby-talk:48526] the message: "Bug report: $irbrc does not affect
IRB", on Aug/29 13:34(JST) Yukihiro Matsumoto writes:

>|Interesting! Should I make an RCR that IRB obey a global variable
>|$irbrc rather than (in addition to?) the file named by the string
>|"$irbrc"?
>
>Then who should set up the value of $irbrc?

Maybe, for embedding irb to another application. I don't think
positively support for embedding irb at the moment.

You can redefine Irb.run_config in your application.

  def IRB.run_config
    if @CONF[:RC]
      rcs = []
      rcs.push File.expand_path("~/.an_app_rc") if ENV.key?("HOME")
      :

or you can write .irbrc next:

if $0 == "app_name"
  require ".app_rc"