> Is there any IRC channel for Ruby talk yet?  I've just created one on
> EFnet, by the name `#ruby'.  The current members are as follows:

I've been around for quite some time. I've also asked if anyone else would
like chat, but the channel has remained very empty. I've been at IRCnet.

The channel #ruby at IRCnet was taken already, and while it was quite quiet
it was heavily guarded. The "owner" of the channel also didn't like the
Japanese people coming to "his" channel chatting in Japanese. He didn't have
anything against the Japanese chatting in English, and he could stand even
discussions about Ruby, while I'm pretty sure he would get tired of that
quite soon. Anyway, he stated they've been there for a couple of years
already.

> In case #ruby is unavailable, I'm also keeping #ruby-lang for the
> alternative.

So I decided to go on channel #ruby-lang, just like you.

I'm sure the western people will get tired of seeing mixed Japanese and
English, but I guess we can stand that easily. The people getting tired can
setup #ruby-lang-en etc. for specific languages.

And as there are dozens of other major IRC networks, we should probably make
it a habit to have at least #ruby-lang pointing to the active channel.

In any case I suggest people having on-line connection to join us at EFnet
and IRCnet.

	- Aleksi